I am Dave Bry, a technology enthusiast currently living and working in the City of Brotherly Love - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Working primarily as a .NET developer for over 14 years, I have experience in a variety of industries including e-commerce, legal, commercial mortgage, and retail marine sales. Most recently, I have been writing curriculum material for the aspiring software developers enrolled at Tech Elevator.
Traffic Safety Store - Sign Customization
Developed interactive sign designer that shows live preview as customer types and changes font size, color, and positioning. Resulted in more than $36,000 of additional sales in first 6 months..ASP.NET (C# MVC), jQuery, HTML/CSS/JS, Cloudinary
Bry's Marine website
Rebuilt and redesigned website on lightweight CMS with focus on SEO and better user experience..Grav CMS, PHP/Twig, jQuery, HTML/CSS/JS, DreamHost, Cloudinary
Traffic Safety Store - Sign Gallery
Doubled sales of vinyl roll-up signs by implementing new stylish interface with built-in search that brings the most relevant signs to the top, and supporting hundreds of different sign legends..ASP.NET (C# MVC), React, HTML/CSS/JS, Entity
- Libraries/Frameworks: ASP.NET (MVC & Web Forms), LINQ, Entity Framework, jQuery, React, Vue.js
- Other: Visual Studio, Git, GitHub, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Grunt, npm, TFS, Microsoft SSRS, Microsoft SSIS, Grav
Tech Elevator (Developer Bootcamp)
Curriculum Developer • Jan 2020 - Present
- Wrote and peer reviewed new curriculum material—tutorials, programming exercises, student book content, and instructor lecture notes.
- Collaborated with other curriculum developers and instructors on sprint planning, material feedback, and instruction styles.
- Tech: Vue.js, HTML, CSS, Markdown, Bitbucket, Asana
Bry's Marine (Marine Sales/Service)
Web Developer • Oct 2019 - Dec 2019
- Rebuilt and redesigned website on lightweight CMS with focus on SEO and better user experience.
- Site: www.brysmarine.com
- Tech: Grav CMS, PHP/Twig, jQuery, HTML/CSS/JS, DreamHost, Cloudinary
Traffic Safety Store (Traffic Safety/E-commerce)
Software Engineer/Lead Software Engineer • Jul 2016 - Sep 2019
- Developed interactive sign designer that shows live preview as customer types and changes font size, color, and positioning. Resulted in more than $36,000 of additional sales in first 6 months.
- Doubled sales of vinyl roll-up signs by implementing new stylish interface with built-in search that brings the most relevant signs to the top, and supporting hundreds of different sign legends.
- Increased conversion rates of safety vests by 20% with enhanced site search and filtering capabilities that gave customers the ability to find products by size, color, material, and ANSI safety rating quickly.
- Created new admin interface achieving goals of unified login across allsites, better visibility into e-commerce & phone orders, and toggling on-sale/out-of-stock quickly for multiple products.
- Sites: trafficsafetystore.com, parkingblock.com, trafficcones.com, airportsafetystore.com
- Tech: ASP.NET (C# MVC), React, jQuery, HTML/CSS/JS, MS SQL Server, SSRS, Elasticsearch, Cloudinary
Dechert LLP (Litigation & Transactional Law)
IT Applications Developer • Jan 2011 - Jul 2016
- Boosted efficiency of General Counsel team saving over 10 hours/week with system to record ethical screens, manage access lists, and automatically secure digital documents & workspaces.
- Saved firm over $20,000/year with internal skills & experience tracking application. Developed dynamic and interactive front end based on Photoshop mockups designed by marketing department.
- Created custom interfaces using Okta & Box REST APIs to enable more customer service functions to be done by the Help Desk and IT Operations groups. Resulted in less customer frustration and downtime.
- Tech: ASP.NET (VBWeb Forms, C# MVC), jQuery, HTML/CSS/JS, MS SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS, iManage
Coventry First (Life Insurance Settlement)
Associate Software Engineer • Feb 2010 - Jan 2011
- Increased productivity of Contract Analysis department by enhancing key system, enabling more data to be captured and tasks done more efficiently. Analyst daily calls increased 10-20% and significantly reduced backlog.
- Designed new system for annual maintenance review workflow with new approval request form and ability to track approval history. Decreased complexity of process, made less error prone, and less frustrating to the users.
- Tech: ASP.NET (VB Web Forms), VB.NET WinForms, HTML/CSS/JS, MS SQL Server
Capmark Financial Group, Inc. (Commercial Mortgage)
Applications Developer • Jan 2007 - Feb 2010
- Upgraded major finance application to ASP.NET 2.0 and implemented new features from business requests. Worked with QA department to ensure full coverage of testing and an error-free release.
School of Tourism & Hospitality Management, Temple University (Education)
ASP.NET Developer • Jun 2006 - Jan 2007
- Created ASP.NET web applications to demonstrate improved business methods for professionals in hospitality management, event planning, and risk prevention.
PhilaGeek2013 - 2014
- Developed iOS app for configuring routers running third-party firmware DD-WRT.
Bry's Marine2010 - 2014
- Developed custom interface for transmitting store inventory to manufacturer database searchable by all North American marine dealers. Part sales increased 10% helping clear out older and obsolete parts.
- Rewrote text-based custom inventory program as WinForms application for use on Windows 7.
College of Science & Technology • 2007
- Major: Bachelor of Science, Information Science & Technology
- Minor: Business Administration
- Honors: magna cum laude
High Technology High School
Web Development & Programming Track • 2002
- School named a "Star School" by NJ Department of Education, recipient of National Blue Ribbon Award, and consistently ranked within the top 20 high schools of New Jersey & US by many news organizations.